Thursday, January 10, 2013

Home for the Holidays

The original plan for Christmas 2012 was to all meet at the new ski cottage.  That's ALL as in dad, mom, my family, Jarv's family and Carla's family.  However, it was nowhere near ready for inhabitants ... so now we will wait patiently for next year!  

It will be worth the wait I know.  I took the kids skiing here last week. Wish I could have taken pictures and videos, but my hands were full trying to keep a hold on Grady and my ski poles (which I wish I didn't have but I didn't want to set them down in case someone else took them and I had to pay for them, although I was tempted to try)!  Get the picture?!  My dad made it look so easy when he helped all 3 older kids ski for the first time a couple years ago.  Eventually I let him go down independently for the last half of the bunny hill where it wasn't so steep.  He did well for a bit and then just wiped out big time.  When I got to him as he was struggling to get up, the first thing he says, with wonder in his voice, was "THAT WAS AWESOME"!  We are going to enjoy that ski cabin for sure :)

Getting back to holiday news ... 

Mom and dad and Grandma came up here to spend a few days with us.  In fact, I think it was the longest they ever stayed.  It was GREAT.  The kids were so happy:  Grandpa took them skating and swimming, Grandma was always ready to play Rummikub with them and Great Grandma made them fresh buns and cinnamon buns.  
We had more friends over for Christmas eve and played a few games and of course ate some sugary food. Then on Christmas day we had turkey for supper so that we didn't have to get up early to put the turkey in the oven!  My kind of relaxing holiday =)  

Oh, and did I mention I gained 10 pounds and 5 inches?  Well, I actually didn't weigh myself or measure, because I didn't want to confirm it.  SHUDDER!  It is a new year and I have already exercised 3 times.  4 times, if you count tomorrow!  Anyway, here are a few photos: 










That's all!  No collages this time :)

3 comments:

Campbells said...

Love the generations!!

Ashley said...

The girls are still talking about all the fun they had at your house! We'll have to get back up there soon.

Unknown said...

Looks like you had fun without us :( Wished we could have been there!