Tuesday, February 11, 2014

our view on Disney World (Magic Kingdom)

Disney World Magic Kingdom was amazing.  I was impressed and I didn't think I would be!  In making plans to go, I was almost resigned that we were going there because  the kids wanted to go.  Good choice, because I enjoyed it as much as they did!

I was impressed with the cleanliness, the attention to detail and the grandeur of the place.  I understand now why they charge $100.00 to get in the gate, and then on the train or boat, and then in through another gate!  The size of the place is ... sizable.  Another bonus is with all the walking and minimal pricy food purchases, it really is a good weight loss program.  I just thought of that now!  Ha ha! I better go back quickly.

I really didn't understand what it would be like as far as the rides.  Many of the rides were more like "experiences" than fair rides.  We didn't do Space Mountain, which I've been told is the most thrilling ride there.  We had decided to all stick together and I think Grady was too short for the ride and Keithan was glad to  avoid a roller coaster in the dark, so that ride was off the list.  

We loved the interactive comedy show with Monster's University characters.  It was hilarious and it was also warm.  (It was a chilly high of 12 degrees).  The line-ups seemed long to us, but according to park staff, they were not.  The longest time we waited was about 50 minutes, and that was for the Thunder Mountain roller coaster (mining experience).  The Jungle boat tour one was the other long one, but many of them were about 25 minutes and seemed to go by quickly.  Another favorite was the Haunted House.  I'd do that one again!  Amazing effects.

When the sun went down around 5:00 we started to perish with hunger and cold!  Our $60.00 lunch of hotdogs was long gone.  We had a coffee/hot chocolate warm up and managed to stay until almost the end of the electric parade.  We were too cold and tired to stay for fireworks.  We were close to the park entrance for the parade and we made a hasty escape with the first flood of people.  No line ups to get out!!  We were back at the van in good time and cranked up the heat.  



WELCOME



Grady's favorite


The People Mover









Stroller parking ... complete with attendants!


Punny jungle tour (no typo)

Rhett might be a little dizzy!
Dancing with the Incredibles warmed us up a little




Thanks Grandma S. for souvenir money!
Heading back on the parking tram ... proof that I was there!

I enjoyed taking a few pictures!  Sorry for overload. Hope the collages helped for skimming over them.


Would I go again?  When I left, I said "no thank you, that was good enough for one lifetime".  But now, I could be easily convinced!

Stay tuned for Lego Land ... and then the cruise.
 

1 comment:

Lisa McConnell said...

So fun!!! Looks like we need to go sometime too! Another trip to add to the pile!