Friday, November 16, 2012

odds and end(s) of summer

  • On the way back from the anniversary party (referring to previous post), we stopped to see Grandma O. While visiting her we were front and center to some firetruck action. So much so that Samara, Grady and Rhett's shoe were featured in the local paper!  I'm not sure where I put the clipping or I would have scanned it.  Samara enjoyed her "moment of fame";  the photo showed her hair covered side profile and the back of Grady and there were no names printed.  However, she was in the paper, just so you know!


  • We made it back to the cabin for some fun with our good friends and neighbors. 




  • We attended a few minutes of the 2nd annual race the base event ... but it was a bit rainy and I didn't want to get my camera wet!  Phil auctioned off some Ferrari and Camaro rides, as well as some BMW rides which were a harder sell!





  • We did go to our local beach this summer ... twice, I think.   This is proof of one such occasion.

  • Neighborhood fun





  • And, last but not least ... we had a fun 4 mile nature walk at the provincial park.   I should say most walked, some ran, some limped and some were even carried at times! Can you imagine carrying 90lbs on your shoulders and racing down a path full of tree roots?!  Well, I saw it with my own eyes and everyone survived.
I feel like I overused the word fun in this post.  I apologize for that.  It is a little late and my imagination is not running wild.  I do love summer though and looking back at these pictures brings out my fun in the sun nature!  Right now we have an abundance of snow and I've already shoveled more times than all of last year ... not so fun joyeous. 

No comments: