Thursday, October 4, 2012

Vermilion Fair

Parade

I honestly think the Vermilion parade is the longest parade I have ever watched (1.5 hours).  I thought that last year, and it was reaffirmed this year.  If you know of a small town with a longer parade, please let me know.  I will be sure to avoid that town on parade day!!  The candy is plenteous, don't get me wrong, but it just gets a little long for me.  Maybe I should bring a lawn chair like the sensible folks do!   Remind me of that next year.  Another reminder for myself ... not to take so many pictures of the floats!  Seriously, last year I took WAY too many.  This year I was better, but still ... looking through the pictures I wondered to myself , "why did I take this one ... neat float and all ... but really ... do I ever need to look at it again ... nope".  Now, the Stewart Auction float is a different story and worth sharing the pictures with y'all!

... and it begins.


1st prize ...  in the comic category

Way to go Lisa!!


The Fair

After the parade Lisa and I took the kids to the fair for a bit before heading to the cabin for the rest of the weekend.  I am looking forward to the day I can afford to go on the rides too ... but then I'll probably be too old to enjoy them.  Ha!   We did get more for our money this year as Keithan found some courage to try some new rides.  It was too cute when Grady kept measuring himself at every ride; maybe in case he grew in between rides!  He can hardly wait to be in next height category.
The first time they rode this I almost died laughing at their expressions and screeches!  











Sometimes it is not easy being small

Next up ... Loon Lake photos!

1 comment:

Lisa McConnell said...

AWESOME! Well, except that crazy picture of me...maybe you should ask if you needed a picture of that? LOL!!

The ride pictures are great! Their expressions were priceless!