Monday, January 30, 2012

Holidays 2011

Loved it that everyone (except you know who Jarvis and Alyson:) ) came our way for the holidays!!!! We never get to go far as a family because Phil WORKS ALL THE TIME so that everyone else gets time off for Christmas. Did I complain about that last year? Sorry if it is a repeat. BUT, this year our one and only high school student asked Phil on December 23rd if Phil could cover his shift for December 24 ... because "he had plans". Seriously?!! Of course Phil never has plans, so he worked until 9:30pm. I need to get off that topic ... so, the holidays were over too quickly but it was fun while it lasted! The kids enjoyed opening their few little presents and the adults enjoyed eating caramel popcorn and eat more bar!! I just LOVE holiday food :) And it loves me right back - and hangs on tight! About the whole present thing ... I've got mixed feelings on the issue that I'm still trying to sort out. I will agree that it is fun for any kid to get gifts at ANY time of the year! As far as writing letters to a fictional character and asking for the moon (or in I-pad)??? Seems bizarre to me ... especially in the name of Jesus! Anyway, thanks for listening to me ramble and I truly hope I haven't offended anyone.

Moving on to other holiday memories from 2011: Grandpa had 2 very interested guitar students so my guitar was dug out of storage. (It is still on my list of things to learn but I think the kids will beat me to it!) Gavin had ALL of us on high alert - he was a going concern getting into cupboards, pulling out cook books and whatever else he could pull out. He also learned to walk at "auntie's house" so I'll take some credit for that!!!! He also made the living room messier (with baby toys) than it has been in years, so that was fun!! Oh, I almost forgot the BIG EXCITEMENT. Carla sliced her thumb open while opening a tin of salmon. Luckily it didn't need stitches, but it was a nasty gash. Which reminds me, I need to restock some of my medical supplies!
















Gavin on the move: maybe the "too long pants" helped him walk! Wouldn't it develop good core strength walking on slippery ground?!! Just a theory because he walked before he was 1 and my kids all waited until AFTER their birthday. I just didn't have long enough pants for them!! Sorry, I'm laughing at my own jokes so it must be time to shut things down and go to bed. Love you Gavin!!!



3 comments:

Jarvis, Alyson Daudi and Adair said...

Umm, yes...very interesting post! I am laughing to myself over here in Rockinville :0)
I think I enjoyed reading your ramblings even more than if would have been there ;0) Very amusing indeed!

Carla said...

Fun times..good pictures!!!! Thanks for hosting!!

Campbells said...

Love your posts! I like to ramble too and it's good for the soul, right?! :-) I agree with the present things too... never know what to do! This year I decided on the 4 rule..1 thing they want, 1 thing they need, 1 thing to wear, and 1 thing to read. Kept things simple. The Aussie side likes to go all out, and... well... I guess the kids benefit :-) There's a balance & moderation in everything in everything I guess.