Sunday, July 3, 2011

Vancouver - Day 1

We ... the whole family ... went on a "vacation" last week! Unbelievable but true! Also true, is the fact it was business related!!! I've come to realize that this might be the only type of vacations we go on, so I guess I'm OK with that for now! We flew into Vancouver on Monday morning ... so we had a good day of family fun before the 2 days of A&W meetings started. We went to Granville Island first, then Capilano Suspension Bridge Park, then checked into our hotel and then went to Uncle Gordie and Auntie Ruth's for supper (baked salmon and scalloped potatoes and strawberry pie - YUM)and the evening. Wish we had a pedometer because I'm sure we all walked miles and miles, with very little complaining from the kids since it was all new and exciting!! And the plane ride ... I think Keithan thought that was the best part of the trip ... especially after this nice grandpa in front of us bought them all headphones so they could watch cartoons :) We forgot to bring them .. and he must of heard me say I didn't think it was necessary!! He was either feeling sorry for them, or himself, if they were noisy!! Those headphones were treasured possessions let me tell you!

ON THE PLANE ... the much anticipated journey!





GRANVILLE ISLAND - or chasing pigeons!







CAPILANO SUSPENSION BRIDGE - a great adventure (my favorite I think)!










the boys got lots of compliments on their matching outfits ... thanks Grandma Stewart! It was easier to spot them in the crowds!

Well, I need a break from uploading pics ... so will continue later!

1 comment:

Carla said...

Can't wait to see the rest...looks like fun!!!