Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 1 ... continued

More pics of the Capilano Bridge Park - did I mention this was a delightful
park?! It was on the tad bit expensive side, but oh so enjoyable. I'm loving it all over again just looking at the pictures :) Some of the pictures are of the cliffwalk, which I understand is a new addition to the park. It is a narrow walk way anchored by cables into the side of the cliff. I was trusting that there were some half decent engineers consulted in the construction of this project! I was wondering what the weight capacity was ... it didn't say! The suspension bridge didn't make me nervous since it has been there for years and they didn't mention that it ever let go crashed into the river ... and it has been upgraded over the years with thicker cables!!

The Bridge
Family Photo - courtesy of another tourist!
Some entertainment


The cliffwalk





The totem pole that each kid was supposed to have a turn taking their picture in ... separately. Nice idea, but ... it was time to move on and let others have a turn!!



Rhett - totally oblivious to his orange creamsicle lips
Day 1 almost done! Like I said in the last post (I think) we had supper with Auntie Ruth and Uncle Gordie. Was also nice to see Lyle and Nola and spend some time with them. I'm still kicking myself for missing the opportunity to take a picture of Auntie Ruth and Uncle Gordie. My brain must have shut off to conserve energy to make it back to the hotel!!


3 comments:

Carla said...

Were the kids nervous at all on the bridge or the cliff walk??

Lj said...

Looks like a whole lot of fun & I like the pic of your family too!

us4otts said...

Fun! We were there last summer! The cliff walk is new since we were there- we will have to go again!