Wednesday, August 4, 2010

old july news










The summer is more than half over now and I'm starting to feel panicky! Soon I'll have to dig out the school supply list and get started on back to school shopping. July passed quickly - Mellowdale convention, Samara's 8th birthday, a few days at the cabin and then off to the family reunion and that took care of the month. I guess I should mention we had tons of rain earlier in the month ... some of which made it into the basement and also the city sewer system couldn't keep up, so some of that made it into the basement as well. We had our weeping tile fixed and another entrance made into the sump pump, so that seemed to do the trick. We had the side yard dug up and now it looks kind of sad. Just in case we didn't have enough bad luck, my camera died just before Samara's birthday. My neighbor kindly lent me hers for the party, but I have no pictures from the lake or the kids first attempt on water skis.
Anyway, getting back to Samara's party ... it was a perfect day for an outdoor pool party. She was happy with her flip flop cake and was excited to open a few presents: a new DS game, a new Wii game, some clothes, books, games, 2 zhu zhu pets (hamsters) and a "fur real" puppy. As long as the pets stay fake we should be good!

No comments: