Monday, April 22, 2013

life's a chair of bowlies

A long time ago my friend Lynda gave me a card with the saying "life's a chair of bowlies" and I haven't forgotten that phrase.  Love it for some reason!  Don't really know what it is supposed to mean but it has a nice ring to it.

I am not sure what has come over me this month with the buying of chairs!   A week or so ago a friend talked me into stopping at this little antique store on our way home from Lloyd ... almost twisted my arm off!!   We perused the store for a bit and I came away with a lovely old crokinole board that we already got our thirty dollars worth of play out of (and amazingly still have all the checkers).  Then as we were leaving, the store guy asks, "Do you want to see our other place?"  What a crazy question to ask!!  To me that is like asking "Do you ever want to eat again?"  Um, let me think about it ....

So, we walked over to another run down looking building and had a look around the unheated "showroom".  Seriously, it was probably 2 degrees in there.  But worth it when I found this chair ...


I plan to re-upholster it sometime in the next 10 years, but for now it is just perfect for the phone desk spot!

Then, last night I happened to check the local buy and sell Facebook page and I found these beauties:


Are they not the cutest old red chairs you have ever seen?  My 10 year plan for these is to give them a fresh coat of red paint!  They should be perfect for the office, and they were only 10.00 each! 

NOTE:  I started setting realistic, attainable goals for myself, since all the things I planned to do before spring are still undone.  Even with the longest coldest spring ... EVER.

No comments: