Wednesday, December 12, 2012

family picture follow up

I felt like the blog needed a change of look.  The black background seemed hard for me to read sometimes.  Might just be my age ... yet another sign of getting older (or a sign I should get my eyes checked).   One can never be sure about the TRUE signs of aging!  Take yesterday for instance ... in my attempt to exercise in morning at the local track, I pulled a muscle in my hip and gave myself a Charlie Horse that lasted for at least 5 minutes ... in public of course!  Then last night I ran myself a bath, went to check on the water level 10 minutes later, and I had forgotten to plug the drain :(

I just wanted to share the new family photo that I was deliberating about a few posts ago.  I am SOOOO happy with how the pictures turned out.  Melissa did such a fantastic job considering the subjects she had to work with!  The family picture is a 20x30 canvas.  It is a smaller than the previous picture so I had to do a little re-arranging in the living room space to make it work out.  This is how it turned out:




sorry about the glare :(

a little Pinterest touch!
Yes, I still have my fall decor up!  That is on my list of things to do this week - change up the decor to fit the season!

My office project


11x14 wall plaques (photography by Melissa)


Just love how this turned out ... I bought Damask wall stickers to put behind the fabulous photos since these are plaques that don't need a frame.  By themselves the pictures didn't really pop out on the new white wall in the office, but now I just love it!  I mean REALLY love it ... I go in and look at it about 5 times a day.  Ha!!!

New wall paper for the office
 I will follow up with another post on the office project when it is finished more finished!  And, the Oreo cream cheese truffles are almost gone.  I guess I better exercise now ....

3 comments:

Carla said...

Love your house!!! Wish you lived closer to help me decorate!! And yes I LOVE the pictures...GREAT job Melissa!!

Carla said...

Hopefully your "new" office will help you keep motivated to keep it clean and organized...haha!!! Great job!!

-L said...

it all looks so good! the canvas, the office, the pinterest 's'... love it all.