Thursday, December 4, 2008

recital time




Earlier this week was the annual Music for Young Children Christmas recital. Both Keithan and Samara were in it this year. In fact, Keithan was the first performer ... which had me concerned that he would back out. However, he played his song, Christmas Night, perfectly. I was standing right behind him and the song was very short ... so no photo opportunity there. Then he and his class did Jingle Bells with the bells and the Reindeer Pokey. Samara played a song called Not So Big ... and played it very well too! She thought Keithan received a little more praise though! Her class played Deck the Halls with instruments as well. A few too many kids played Jingle Bells ... but it was a nice afternoon all the same!!!

3 comments:

Lisa McConnell said...

Fun fun! I remember my recitals back in the day! Have a good party Rhett! I can hardly believe that Grady will be 1 soon too!

Grandpa and Grandma O said...

Congratulations Samara and Keithan

We wish we could have been there to see you and hear your recital too. Maybe some day we will

Happy birthday Rhett - hope you have a really fun "buuthday paatay"

Love Grandpa and Grandma

Carla said...

Sorry I didn't make it to your recital this year Keithan and Samara :( I can remember last year practicing, and getting ready for the recital.

Love Auntie Carla