Tuesday, September 10, 2013

last of summer photos from 2013, I think

Although we have had a couple nice weeks of summer weather,  summer really is over.  The cabin has been winterized already, so says the maintenance man when I came across him at Canadian Tire today.  Doesn't that make you shudder?!  Winterized ... when it is still 25 degrees during the day.  But, harvest has begun so the focus has changed for this family.

And, Grady started school TODAY.  It was much too chaotic of a morning to even think about being sad.  4 lunches = daily nightmare.  It might help if I went and bought some groceries.  It also might help if I had room in my fridge for groceries.  I have been too busy painting things to do the real jobs that need done!  I will post evidence later on.

I thought I had left my camera at the lake because I couldn't find it for the last couple weeks.  But, today it "appeared" in a bag that contained books (from the lake) that needed to go to the library.  Hadn't looked there until now.  Did I mention organizing stuff is on my list of things to do when the kids are back in school?  It is after the painting, fridge cleaning and grocery shopping.  Just to clarify, my fridge isn't exactly gross and dirty ... it just has a lot of stuff in it, especially after emptying the fridge at the lake and bringing it all home to stuff in my already smallish fridge.  I need to add buy extra fridge to my list. 

Some of the pictures off the camera:



Gavin loved playing at "Keithan's house by the water"


Samara's castle 2013

Brave Rhett: first one to try kneeboarding

SUCCESS!

Annual cabin potluck

Blueberry Festival


p.s. they won!



FUN TIMES with Grandpa and Grandma



We all had fun, and it was over far too quickly.  Hoping for more time next year.

No comments: