Friday, July 11, 2008

Samara's 6!










Our girl is 6 years old already! Samara had ever changing plans for her party but settled on a butterfly cake and a fish for a gift! We haven't got a fish yet ... but that shouldn't break the bank! We'll wait until we get home from convention to pick out a fish. We already have a fish bowl (from Darren and Molly's garage sale - thanks!). I was a little worried about who might show up ... don't know who's familiar with Robert Munsch's birthday party story I was worried that it would balloon into a kindergarten, first grade, second grade, etc. ..... HUGE party! It is fortunate her birthday is after the school year or it could happen!! In the end all of our invited guests came and all was well! This cake was my first attempt at using fondant icing - it was kind of fun but it still seemed to take me a while! Would help if I was organized to start it before 10:00pm! One little mishap was that I went to get 6 helium balloons right before the party - well I got in the house and advised Keithan (who was hovering by the balloons) not to touch the balloons right after I weighted them down in the center of the table. I barely turned around and he removed the weight and the balloons rose to the ceiling and popped 3 balloons!

2 comments:

Joanne Morrell said...

Happy Birthday Samara

Looks like you had lots of people at your party - your cake looks yummy!!

love Auntie Joanne and Uncle Roy

Lisa McConnell said...

Happy Birthday Samara! Wish we could have been at your party too! Great job on the cake, Candice! I left a little something for Samara with Mom and Dad...not sure if you have gotten it yet or if you've even seen them?